Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
- Anatole France
1. Apply to Adopt
2. Your application will be reviewed by one of our adoption counselors
3. References will be checked
4. Phone Interview with an adoption counselor
5. Home Inspection will be conducted by adoption counselor
6. If approved, a meet and greet will be set up
7. If the meet and greet goes well, a trial adoption of 2 weeks will take place
8. If the trial adoption works out, we will finalize the adoption
How much is my adoption fee?
$175-200 for adults (over 1 years old)
$225 for puppies (under 1 years old)
Out of state Adoption (we are located in Indiana) Fee
- this applies to applicants 3+ hours outside of the Louisville Metro area
- $500 (this is an increased fee to include our travel expenses for transport)
- we will require a $150 non refundable deposit for out of state adoptions once you are approved for adoption
What does my Adoption Fee Cover?
1. All age appropriate vaccinations - distemper, hepatitis, Parvo, and parainfluenza (puppies require multiple sets of these vaccinations)
2. Flu and Bordetella
3. Rabies shots
4. Heart worm testing (subsequent heart worm treatment, if positive - we do not adopt a dog out until they test negative on their heart worm test)
7. Any medical expenses that may arise while the dog is in our care such as Parvo, Kennel Cough, Surgeries, Amputations if necessary, resetting broken bones, etc.
Why are puppies more to adopt?
Very simply, puppies require more veterinarian care. They need 3 rounds of booster DHPP shots, along with dewormer every 2 weeks until 16 weeks old. They also need to be spayed/neutered before leaving our program so that we can curb the endless cycle of littering.
1. All dogs we adopt out are required to be spayed/neutered before leaving our program, up to date on all age appropriate vaccinations, microchipped, heart worm tested, and given their rabies shots.
2. We also require you to register/license your new furiend with your county according to county laws/requirements.
3. We will not adopt a dog in our program to a home that we believe is not the right fit for the dog. For example, some dogs are not cat friendly, dog friendly, or kid friendly.
4. If you rent, we require a landlord reference for us to call. We will require proof that you have paid the pet deposit and all required fees to the apartment before adopting your new furiend.
5. We do not adopt to homes with unaltered pets. This is non-negotiable.
6. We run background and PVA checks on applicants. We basically know everything about you before coming to your home visit. Hiding something? We will probably find it. 🤷🏼♀️ Why do we do this? To protect ourselves, the safety of our foster families, and the long term stability of our dogs.
7. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY APPLICATION FOR ANY REASON AT ANY TIME.
What does the home inspection involve?
We are looking to make sure you are able to provide everything needed in caring for the furiend you are adopting: proper fencing, kennels, beds, etc. We will not adopt a dog to a home that has more than their city's limit of animals, nor will we adopt to a home that is unable to be walked through without stepping on trash. 🤷🏼♀️
(Please check your
email for your password. You will have received this once you have been approved to adopt.)
Chibi's Furiends, Inc. has the right to deny any application for any reason at any time. We look to find the best homes for our dogs to live. Often times, these dogs have suffered abuse, neglect, and lack basic manners/house training etiquette in addition to suffering the heart break of being thrown in doggie jail; all before arriving at Chibi's Furiends. We will not place a dog in a home that is not the best fit for both the family and the dog.
Save a life and apply to adopt today!
If you would like to adopt one of our furiends, please fill out our application.
Opening your home and hearts to save a life is extremely rewarding.