There is nothing truer in this world than the love of a good dog.
- Mira Grant
APPLY to Surrender
Your application will be reviewed by our intake coordinator
We will message you to set up transport if we have kennel space and believe that your dog can be successful in our program.
You will be required to provide all vet records on your animal
If your animal is accepted into our program, please put together everything needed including vet and training records, kennels, food, collar, leash, toys, and blanket. Anything that is familiar to the dog like his/her toys helps in the transition.
Once you surrender your animal to Chibi's Furiends, it is irrevocable. You cannot change your mind and get the dog back. This is included in our owner surrender form and is a legally binding contract.
If you would like to keep in contact and know your animal went to a great home (they always do because we are pretty awesome - toot toot 😉), please note this in your application and include a link to your facebook page. Facebook is our main form of daily communication.
How much is my surrender fee?
Unlike LMAS, we do not charge a surrender fee, but a donation is always helpful to cover expenses for our mission. If your dog(s) is not up to date on shots or neutered, your donation helps with those fees, as well.
Where do I take a stray animal that I found?
We do not take stray animals. If you have found an animal, please take them to the animal shelter in the county you found them. They are legally required to do a 5 day stray hold in most counties so that their owner can be located.
Clark County is JB Ogle.
Floyd County is Floyd County Animal Control.
Jefferson County, KY is Louisville Metro Animal Services.
1. Chibi's Furiends is not required by law or ordinance to take any owner-surrendered pets. We are not government funded but rely solely on donations, the help of our partnerships, and fundraisers. We are completely foster based -- meaning your animal stays in foster homes, not a shelter setting.
2. We will not accept an animal into our program in order to euthanize it. If your animal is terminally ill, you are responsible for taking it to the vet to be humanely euthanized.
3. We require all animals to be spayed/neutered before leaving our program for adoption. Any animal surrendered to us that is not altered WILL be altered by our veterinarian. If you are surrendering a litter of puppies to us, we will alter every puppy at 16 weeks old before their adoption. This prevents more unwanted litters and is better for the health of the dogs in the long term.
4. We run background and PVA checks on all applicants. Why do we do this? To protect ourselves, and the dogs already in our rescue.
5. Sometimes, we come with a police escort to transports. Actually, we pretty much always come with a police escort. 🤷🏼♀️ Our President is an officer so know that when you are communicating with us not to make threats, harassing remarks, or mention illegal activities. We will take appropriate legal action. Don't be stupid. 🤔🤷🏼♀️
6. We reserve the right to deny any application for any reason at any time.
7. We don't take kindly to guilt trips if we deny your application. Just know in advance, if you are shitty to us, we are not required in any way, shape, or form to help you. Be kind. Be polite.
Surrendering your pet is a huge decision that affects your family, the dog, and our rescue.
Please read our application thoroughly and explore community pet resources before submitting your application to surrender your pet. CLICK HERE to view an extensive list of resources via the LMAS website.
Chibi's Furiends, Inc. has the right to deny any application for any reason at any time. We are not government funded. We run solely on the generosity of donors, business partnerships, and fundraisers.
Save a life and apply to adopt today!
If you would like to adopt one of our furiends, please fill out our application.
Opening your home and hearts to save a life is extremely rewarding.